The connection must be over HTTPS and TLS 1.2+.
Supported File Formats
The following image types are supported:
* Images: JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, HEIC, WEBP, TIFF
* Microsoft Office: DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLS, PPT, PPTX
* Open Office: ODS, ODT, ODP
* PDF: Both digital and image-only files are supported. PDFs may be single or multi-page and may contain multiple document types (e.g., 3 ID pages plus 1 invoice).
* ZIP: Must contain the supported file formats
* MSG: Outlook message files and the contents within (e.g., email's PDFs attachments)
You can submit files up to 20 MB, and the total request can be up to 32 MB.
Submission Process and Requirements
To submit the file, you can send its binary encoded in Base64 format. For example, send
data:image/jpeg;base64,/9j/4AAQSkZJR... for a JPEG or
data:application/pdf;base64,/9j/4AAQSkZJR... for a PDF. You can also provide the URL of the document.
Make sure you add a file that has no password protection and always use the header: Content-Type:
The API returns standard HTTP status codes. Hence, if you face one of the following warning messages, here is what they mean:
|402||lack of payment|
Plus, all error responses contain a
message attribute to communicate the problem.
The API is rate-limited at
10 requests/second. If the API takes longer than
5 minutes to process a document it will return
500 with a timeout error.
Each image should be less than 20 MB, and the total request should be under 32 MB.